Rules and Guidelines
- Members must be at least 16 years of age to join NorthsideRP.
- Members must be mature at all times.
Members are to respect other members, officers, EMTs/Fire-Fighters, AND Staff.
- Insulting someone based on race, religion, gender, or nationality will result in a ban.
- Members must be able to speak, read, and write English.
Members are not allowed to advertise any businesses or personal information.
- Exceptions include (twitch/youtube or RP Businesses)
- DDos threats on any platform will result in an instant ban!
- RP names cannot include the full name of any celebrities or famous persons.
- Members cannot use Discord/Teamspeak voice channels to gain an advantage in a scenario, this is meta gaming and will result in punishment.
- Members are not allowed to join in-game channels and harass others.
If a channel says SDND (Strict Do Not Disturb) you are NOT allowed to message, poke, or join that channel.
- There are NO exceptions to this rule. Your question can wait.
- Your best bet is to send them a message on the website and they will get back to you.
- Discord and Teamspeak name should reflect your RP main character's name.
- Inappropriate profile pictures, avatars, or content posted will result in punishment.
Members are NOT allowed to break RP at any point.
- If you need to talk to someone outside of RP then say "Check your teamspeak app on your phone" and talk outside of game.
All players must have a clear and working microphone.
- If you cannot fix your microphone within the first 5 minutes of being on the server you may be kicked.
Players are not allowed to injure or steal from EMS.
- This includes vehicles.
- Hacking of any kind is not allowed and will result in a ban with no appeal.
Players should value their life at all times.
- If you are in an RP situation and your life is in danger you must RP as if you are in said danger. You can only run or act during a dangerous situation if you FIRMLY believe you would be able to accomplish those actions in real life.
When using air or water based vehicles you must use them for their intended purposes.
- If you crash your plane/boat in a manner that is malicious you are subject to a permanent ban.
- When Bank/Store Robbery Occurs There Must Be At Least 4 Cops On Duty!
Players are not allowed to steal police vehicle without valid RP reason!
- BAD: You walk up to the bank and the police car outside is unlocked so you take it.
- GOOD: You get into a shoot out with the police and their car is unlocked so you take it as an escape vehicle and drop it further down the road when you can obtain a new vehicle.
- Fail RP: Any scenario that does not have a logical result from an initiation. An example would be you accidentally bump into someone and they pull a gun out and kill you as a result.
- Fail RP Pursuit: Any scenario in which a player attempts to flee from the police with no valid reason to do so.
- VDM: Any scenario in which one player kills/injures another player using a vehicle with no valid RP reason to do so.
- RDM: Any scenario in which one player kills/injures another player using a weapon (including fists/melee weapons) with no valid RP reason to do so.
Power Gaming: Any scenario where a player attempts to roleplay an item that is capable. An example would be roleplaying a bomb threat when there are no bombs attainable in the server.
- The only exception to this rule is you may take an officers radio away in a hostage situation. That officer must mute entirely on Teamspeak AND discord if connected.
- Meta Gaming:
Combat Logging: This is defined as disconnecting from the server when in a situation to avoid punishment. An example would be disconnecting from the server after the cops arrive on scene of a murder to avoid being arrested as the killer.
- If you crash you must provide evidence of your game crashing! - NO EXCEPTIONS.
Green Zones: Green Zones are areas within the map that are protected their is no roleplay other than simple conversation allowed in these areas.
- Green Zone Areas: Banks, Police Stations, Hospitals, Stores, and Dealerships.